So I’ve been watching some DIY wreath making videos lately and it inspired me to make a new fall wreath for my kitchen door. I did not want to spend a lot of money (because I’m cheap) so I did my best to keep my costs low.
At the end of summer, I was cruising the clearance aisle at my local Walmart and I scored some pretty nice spring florals for 90% off! These became the basis of my wreath.
I then went to the floral aisle and picked up some of the current fall picks, which were $1.00 apiece. I found some really nice dusty purple and white picks that were similar to the yellow ones I found on clearance. I also picked up a few others that I thought were pretty. All told, I spent about $13.00 on the flowers. I used a grapevine wreath I already had at home. I am fortunate to have wild grape vines growing in my yard and I cut them back and make a wreath out of them from time to time.
When I got home I gathered all my supplies and I cut apart all of the floral picks with a pair of wire cutters; I find it easier and more visually pleasing to place the flowers individually rather than leaving them as a bunch. I started with the yellow picks and placed them evenly around the wreath, making sure the all went in the same direction. After that, I did the same with the purple and white picks. Finally i used some of the other florals that I purchased to fill in and add more interest. I was planning to hot glue the flowers in place but, I was able to weave the wire stems into the grapevine pretty securely so I decided it wasn’t necessary.
Happy Fall Y’all!